The Cannevié-Porticino Valley, so called from the name of the former fishing lodges within it, is located near the town of Volano on the left bank of the Po Volano, from which it is separated from the Street for Volano. Of nearly 65 ha of extension, 39 ha are of water surfaces and 26 are raised hillocks. The Cannevié-Porticino Valley represents the only stretch of water excluded from operations of drainage that led to the reclamation of neighboring Valle Giralda (1958) and Valle Falce (1969), namely the complex of valleys which had been formed for the submersion of ‘northern wing of the medieval Po Delta of Volano.
After cleaning, the salt waters have suffered a gradual softening, but still kind of salty because the current water circulation is made with sockets from the Po di Volano and Taglio della Falce. The basin is crossed by channels corresponding to the sub lagoon “weirs” of the old system of fishing in the valley. In 1985 and 1994 were carried out environmental restoration with the trenching sub lagoon and improvement of water intakes to the Taglio della Falce Falce. In 1998 he was placed on nature trail with hides for bird watching. There is a reconstruction of a “lavoriero”. In 2000 they were restored to wet lawn a few hectares of agricultural areas to the north of the ponds of the church of Volano.